Read the success stories of crypto entrepreneurs.

Discussions are fun when we are part of a community.
Login Free Registration

Get 10 AltcoinN Points just by registering on this forums.

cypto news 14

Meltem, you’ve always enjoyed a real tremendous bird’s eye view of the industry in your time with DCG and now with CoinShares. You’re really someone who’s able to not just be in touch with the sort of grassroots of the industry but also the more sophisticated investors, buyers, all of those folks. Have you seen a change from their perspective in the last six months around bitcoin in what they’re looking for, the questions they’re asking, and what they’re interested in?
Meltem Demirors: (25:43)
Yeah. Absolutely. I think people are certainly getting smarter faster. I think a part of what’s so amazing about the bitcoin community is just the extremely high level of quality content that’s out there, that’s produced by members of the community, for free, is easily available online, on Twitter, on people’s websites, on blogs, and podcasts. There’s just a real wealth of content information, knowledge being created to share, disseminated, expanded on, which I think is really exciting, and people are responding to that, and people are certainly reading that, and reacting to it.
Meltem Demirors: (26:23)
And so, I think people are starting to gain more of an appreciation for, an understanding, of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, but at the same time I think there’s also more confusion than ever, and unfortunately there’re a lot of people who look to bitcoin’s success and attempt to use it as a way to substantiate whatever their project is, and we saw a lot of this with the ICOs of 2017 and 2018. Everyone wanted to build a better, greener, faster, more scalable bitcoin, name your favorite feature here. I like to call this the era of future fetish in blockchains.
Meltem Demirors: (27:01)
But I think there are so many things about bitcoin that can’t be replicated, but what you get is you get a bunch of people in the market who are spreading their own narratives around what bitcoin is and why their asset or their project is different, or better, and I think that market confusion is now being reflected at the government level where we see a lot of conversation around central bank-issued digital currency, a lot of fundamental misunderstandings about how bitcoin works, even in US Congress. I think there was this perception from some of our congressman and congresswoman that bitcoin was unregulated, and I think again the confusion there is yes as a protocol there is no regulation around bitcoin, but if you operate a bitcoin company, and you’re domiciled in the US, or you touch a US customers your subject to the rules and regulations of this nation, and there are a lot of rules and regulations from every agency out there going from the CFTC, to the IRS, to FinCEN.
Meltem Demirors: (27:59)
So this sort of notion that bitcoin’s unregulated I think is just a misunderstanding, and I think the media’s also played a big part in that, in perpetuating some of the sensationalism of what’s happening here, and so, unfortunately, there are these series of narratives that have defined bitcoin for the last 10 years of its existence. I think they’re starting to die down and fade a bit, but I think that’s just a really strong inertia that we as the bitcoin community need to overcome.
This is nice

(11-14-2019 07:12 PM)Baff1 Wrote: Meltem, you’ve always enjoyed a real tremendous bird’s eye view of the industry in your time with DCG and now with CoinShares. You’re really someone who’s able to not just be in touch with the sort of grassroots of the industry but also the more sophisticated investors, buyers, all of those folks. Have you seen a change from their perspective in the last six months around bitcoin in what they’re looking for, the questions they’re asking, and what they’re interested in?
Meltem Demirors: (25:43)
Yeah. Absolutely. I think people are certainly getting smarter faster. I think a part of what’s so amazing about the bitcoin community is just the extremely high level of quality content that’s out there, that’s produced by members of the community, for free, is easily available online, on Twitter, on people’s websites, on blogs, and podcasts. There’s just a real wealth of content information, knowledge being created to share, disseminated, expanded on, which I think is really exciting, and people are responding to that, and people are certainly reading that, and reacting to it.
Meltem Demirors: (26:23)
And so, I think people are starting to gain more of an appreciation for, an understanding, of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, but at the same time I think there’s also more confusion than ever, and unfortunately there’re a lot of people who look to bitcoin’s success and attempt to use it as a way to substantiate whatever their project is, and we saw a lot of this with the ICOs of 2017 and 2018. Everyone wanted to build a better, greener, faster, more scalable bitcoin, name your favorite feature here. I like to call this the era of future fetish in blockchains.
Meltem Demirors: (27:01)
But I think there are so many things about bitcoin that can’t be replicated, but what you get is you get a bunch of people in the market who are spreading their own narratives around what bitcoin is and why their asset or their project is different, or better, and I think that market confusion is now being reflected at the government level where we see a lot of conversation around central bank-issued digital currency, a lot of fundamental misunderstandings about how bitcoin works, even in US Congress. I think there was this perception from some of our congressman and congresswoman that bitcoin was unregulated, and I think again the confusion there is yes as a protocol there is no regulation around bitcoin, but if you operate a bitcoin company, and you’re domiciled in the US, or you touch a US customers your subject to the rules and regulations of this nation, and there are a lot of rules and regulations from every agency out there going from the CFTC, to the IRS, to FinCEN.
Meltem Demirors: (27:59)
So this sort of notion that bitcoin’s unregulated I think is just a misunderstanding, and I think the media’s also played a big part in that, in perpetuating some of the sensationalism of what’s happening here, and so, unfortunately, there are these series of narratives that have defined bitcoin for the last 10 years of its existence. I think they’re starting to die down and fade a bit, but I think that’s just a really strong inertia that we as the bitcoin community need to overcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crypto news Edresiapaps 0 38 11-20-2019, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Edresiapaps
  Crypto currency news Edresiapaps 1 47 11-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Johnbosco
  Bitcoin news Edresiapaps 1 45 11-20-2019, 03:38 PM
  Bitcoin news always Edresiapaps 1 65 11-20-2019, 03:32 PM
  News on crypto currency Edresiapaps 1 56 11-20-2019, 03:28 PM