Read the success stories of crypto entrepreneurs.

Discussions are fun when we are part of a community.
Login Free Registration

Get 10 AltcoinN Points just by registering on this forums.

cypto news 12

you look at just the sheer volume of negative-yielding debt. I mean, that’s a bit mind-boggling. The numbers just don’t make sense. You look at what’s happening in the passive investing space. When you look at the challenges that many hedge funds are facing, and generating meaningful alpha, through active management. They’re just a lot of challenges that the financial markets are facing, that investors are facing, but I don’t think that points naturally to we are in for a recession, because at the end of the day capital continues to flow, we are continuing to see people continuing to move out on the risk curve investing in high-risk venture investing, more and more capital being deployed there.
Meltem Demirors: (20:57)
Alternatives continue to grow as an asset class. So I think this narrative of a recession is coming is a tempting one, but I think it’s one that’s sort of difficult to predict. I’m not really in the business of reading teal leaves if you will. What I think is more interesting to think about, and one thing we’ve never seen in how bitcoin behaves in a recession, right? Because bitcoin was introduced to the world in 2009 after the 2008 financial crisis, the bitcoin network launch, and so we’ve never seen it in an environment like a recession.
Meltem Demirors: (21:32)
And so, I think there are a lot of what I like to call unknown unknowns about what will happen when we enter that new time. And I think again the forces shaping our world and the forces shaping the financial system there are some known unknowns, but then I feel like a lot of investors I talk to feel like they’re facing a lot of unknown unknowns, and so there are a lot of open questions about what the world will look like in this new era. It does feel like we’re in a new stage of financial markets. Some people call this late-stage capitalism. Some people look to Japan as an example of what might happen.
Meltem Demirors: (22:11)
But again, I think my job really is trying to focus on what this means for bitcoin, and really trying to manage the ups and downs of what’s happening with bitcoin and crypto assets, and put it in context for investors who are looking at the world feeling very confused, looking at bitcoin saying no way, this is too much, there’s so much other stuff going on in my world that I don’t need to add more risk, and add so much uncertainty by adding a highly volatile, poorly understood asset, that I just fundamentally don’t get yet.
(11-14-2019 07:10 PM)Baff1 Wrote: you look at just the sheer volume of negative-yielding debt. I mean, that’s a bit mind-boggling. The numbers just don’t make sense. You look at what’s happening in the passive investing space. When you look at the challenges that many hedge funds are facing, and generating meaningful alpha, through active management. They’re just a lot of challenges that the financial markets are facing, that investors are facing, but I don’t think that points naturally to we are in for a recession, because at the end of the day capital continues to flow, we are continuing to see people continuing to move out on the risk curve investing in high-risk venture investing, more and more capital being deployed there.
Meltem Demirors: (20:57)
Alternatives continue to grow as an asset class. So I think this narrative of a recession is coming is a tempting one, but I think it’s one that’s sort of difficult to predict. I’m not really in the business of reading teal leaves if you will. What I think is more interesting to think about, and one thing we’ve never seen in how bitcoin behaves in a recession, right? Because bitcoin was introduced to the world in 2009 after the 2008 financial crisis, the bitcoin network launch, and so we’ve never seen it in an environment like a recession.
Meltem Demirors: (21:32)
And so, I think there are a lot of what I like to call unknown unknowns about what will happen when we enter that new time. And I think again the forces shaping our world and the forces shaping the financial system there are some known unknowns, but then I feel like a lot of investors I talk to feel like they’re facing a lot of unknown unknowns, and so there are a lot of open questions about what the world will look like in this new era. It does feel like we’re in a new stage of financial markets. Some people call this late-stage capitalism. Some people look to Japan as an example of what might happen.
Meltem Demirors: (22:11)
But again, I think my job really is trying to focus on what this means for bitcoin, and really trying to manage the ups and downs of what’s happening with bitcoin and crypto assets, and put it in context for investors who are looking at the world feeling very confused, looking at bitcoin saying no way, this is too much, there’s so much other stuff going on in my world that I don’t need to add more risk, and add so much uncertainty by adding a highly volatile, poorly understood asset, that I just fundamentally don’t get yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crypto news Edresiapaps 0 38 11-20-2019, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Edresiapaps
  Crypto currency news Edresiapaps 1 47 11-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Johnbosco
  Bitcoin news Edresiapaps 1 44 11-20-2019, 03:38 PM
  Bitcoin news always Edresiapaps 1 65 11-20-2019, 03:32 PM
  News on crypto currency Edresiapaps 1 56 11-20-2019, 03:28 PM