Read the success stories of crypto entrepreneurs.

Discussions are fun when we are part of a community.
Login Free Registration

Get 10 AltcoinN Points just by registering on this forums.

crypto news X

SourceOriginal
Meltem Demirors: (16:26)
And I think that’s certainly exciting, but I think the narrative that people have isn’t, oh, I want to protect myself from price fluctuation in the lira, and certainly if you look at their experience over the last year even though the lira depreciated dramatically had they bought bitcoin when that happened, or before that happened, they would’ve lost more holding bitcoin. And so, I think again it’s important to be careful with these narratives because it’s very easy to overgeneralize, and I don’t think we’re quite at that point yet.
Nolan Bauerle: (16:56)
So you’re saying the simple argument holds, they just want to make money like anybody else.
Meltem Demirors: (17:01)
And look, I think through that process I actually think speculation is one of the great drivers of bitcoin adoption, because as people start to speculate, and as people start to interact with bitcoin they start to appreciate some of the principles and social values, what it represents, and I think that leads to people holding bitcoin longer, and viewing it more and more in the context of a form of sound digital money, but I do think we get a little bit overly excited about narratives that aren’t really quite supported by the evidence yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hacked & Now-Defunct Crypto Exchange Cryptopia’s Liquidators Recover $10.9 Million Essien9 0 13 12-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Essien9
  Crypto-Trading Platform Review: eToro BelaBalog 0 124 12-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: BelaBalog
  Nvidia Claims Investors’ Cherry-Picking Information, Not Misled about Crypto Mining B Baff1 0 17 12-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Baff1
  Crypto news Cobxy 0 260 12-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Cobxy
  Crypto news Cobxy 0 228 12-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Cobxy